Readers will recall my series of articles, posted early in 2011, providing a high level overview of the technology supporting the Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS) program. It was then that I introduced the concept of the software definable radio or SDR. I strongly felt then, as I do now, that the appropriate direction was support for a multiplexed environment to improve the efficiency of spectrum utilization and facilitate simultaneous voice and data communication. It appears that I was not alone and Thales has introduced its GeoMux waveform that accomplishes just that. The new GeoMux waveform will become part of Thales’ PR4G product line. However, I’m confident that similar solutions will begin to appear across the board.
- STRAMLIGHT’S COOLEST LITTLE POCKET LIGHT THE MACROSTREAM USB
- Bushnell Now Shipping Powerview 2 Binoculars
- The legendary H59 reticle
- Blackhawk Adds New T-Series RDS Holsters for SIG P320
- INDRA TAKES ON A GREATER ROLE IN THE NEW AESA RADAR DESIGN FOR THE EUROFIGHTER, AMONG THE WORLD’S MOST SOPHISTICATED SYSTEMS