This was sent to me by an old and respected buddy. We served together many years ago. I thought I’d share it with you because it says a great deal about us as friends and partners.
- Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner.
- I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it.
- Conversation wasn’t flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn’t say much. I asked him what was wrong;
- He said, ‘Nothing.’ I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset.
- He said he wasn’t upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it.
- On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving.
- I can’t explain his behavior I don’t know why he didn’t say, ‘I love you, too.’
- When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore.
- He just sat there quietly, and watched TV.
- He continued to seem distant and absent.
- Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed.
- But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else.
- He fell asleep – I cried. I don’t know what to do. I’m almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else.
- My life is a disaster.
- Boat wouldn’t start, can’t figure it out…