Magpul Industries has announced its G3 PMAG, formally know as PMAG 30 AR/M4 GEN M3, 5.56×45, will begin shipping 1-Nov-2012, and will have an MSRP of $14.95. The only color available at this time is black. Windowed versions will be offered at an MSRP of $17.95 but will not be available until a later date.
When the original PMAG was announced at Shot Show 2007, who could have known the polymer magazine would survive and live on to see three generations; but, it has and with flying colors.
It’s now 2012 and PMAGs have five years of combat experience, so it was time for lessons learned to be put to work in a Gen 3 PMAG offering. Here are the improvements:
- Feed lip impact, spine strength, side impact, cold and hot weather impacts, and crush testing have all been improved.
- New window material with superior chemical resistance and durability.
- The front stop on the magazine has been relocated for full compatibility with the HK 416/IAR/M27 and the SA-80.
- An enhanced over-insertion stop has been added to the rear spine of the magazine.
- External dimensions are slightly narrower, for greater drop-free compatibility with magazine wells on the tighter side of the tolerance range.
- A new, low-friction, four-way anti-tilt follower designed to improve adverse conditions functioning, especially in dust or grit environments.
- The magazine catch area is reinforced.
- The bolt catch notch has been expanded to be compatible with the FN SCAR.
- Improved texture on both the front and back spines.
- Modified side ribs to improve handling.
- The new floor plate design is stronger an at the same time slimmer, which makes side-by-side carry easier. It also incorporates features to increase drainage for maritime operations.
The current PMAGs will stay in production as part of the MOE line, and be known as the PMAG® 30 AR/M4 GEN M2 MOE®, 5.56×45 Magazine and the PMAG® 30 AR/M4 Window GEN M2 MOE®, 5.56×45 Magazine. Colored variants of both MOE magazines will also continue to be available.
New pricing will take place immediately. The MOE PMG will have a new MSRP of $12.95 and the MOE PMAG Window will have a new MSRP of $15.95. MOE magazines will be shipping immediately at the new price and will be packaged with dust covers and existing PMAG packaging until supplies last. Once supplies have been exhausted the PMAG will ship in new MOE packaging.