Extrema Ratio of Prato, Italy has introduced a new bush knife that the company named Mato Grosso, which in Portuguese means dense or thick bush. Interestingly enough I could have used one this morning.
- Weight: 370 g – 13.05 oz
- Blade Length: 280 mm – 11.02 in.
- Overall Legth: 450 mm – 17.72 mm
- Blade Thickness: 4 mm – 0.16 in.
- Blade Material: BÖHLER STEEL N690 (54HRC)
- Handel Material: FORPRENE
- Blade Serrations: NONE
- Grinding: FULL FLAT
- Blade Finish: BURNISHING MIL-C-13924
The Mato Grosso exhibits the characteristics of the Central and South American machete with a slight recurve often found in the South Pacific and Southeast Asia. Given its weight and length, this knife is ideal for dealing with foliage not underbrush which would require a longer blade with a little less weight.
Like all of Extrema’s knives, it is a professional grade tool.