The annual Global Identity Summit conference kicked off in Tampa, today. The event brings government and industry together to exchange technologies and discuss issues related to identity. This year’s conference brings privacy concepts into the biometric and security milieu. Increasingly, biometrics is becoming a force multiplier for the military and law enforcement but it’s also pivotal in advancing the ease with which consumers conduct business electronically. Everything from voting to financial transactions is moving ahead with biometrics and identity verification. Imagine financial transactions using a biometric ATM, Capitec Bank of South Africa has done just that when it deployed Diebold biometric ATMs. System integrators, software developers and hardware manufacturers gather at the Tamp Convention Center to introduce very impressive technologies, and in subsequent posts we’ll introduce readers to technologies like 3M’s Touchless Finger Printing and Compact Imaging MRO sub-dermal imaging.
- Alien Gear ShapeShift Shoulder Holster Superbly Comfortable and Configurable
- SIG SAUER Introduces Subsonic 300BLK Tipped Hunting Ammunition
- XS Sights Now Offering RAM Night Sights for Canik and Taurus Pistols
- New Personal Protective Face Shield
- Introducing Multiple Fits For The New Taurus TH9 9mm Pistol