The annual Global Identity Summit conference kicked off in Tampa, today. The event brings government and industry together to exchange technologies and discuss issues related to identity. This year’s conference brings privacy concepts into the biometric and security milieu. Increasingly, biometrics is becoming a force multiplier for the military and law enforcement but it’s also pivotal in advancing the ease with which consumers conduct business electronically. Everything from voting to financial transactions is moving ahead with biometrics and identity verification. Imagine financial transactions using a biometric ATM, Capitec Bank of South Africa has done just that when it deployed Diebold biometric ATMs. System integrators, software developers and hardware manufacturers gather at the Tamp Convention Center to introduce very impressive technologies, and in subsequent posts we’ll introduce readers to technologies like 3M’s Touchless Finger Printing and Compact Imaging MRO sub-dermal imaging.
- Aimpoint Launches New ACRO™ Series Sight
- DoubleStar Co-Title Sponsor of 2018 Rockcastle 3 Man 3 Gun Match
- Revolutionary New Smartphone/Tablet App Training System
- Stabilize your Pulsar Units for Remote Viewing with the new C-Clamp Mount!
- Registration Now Open for NTOA’s 35th Annual Law Enforcement Operations Conference and Trade Show