ANOKA, Minnesota – May 18, 2017 – Federal Premium Ammunition’s Personal Defense HST Micro loads fuel peak performance from subcompact, concealed-carry handguns. For 2017, the HST Micro line has been expanded to include a 130-grain 38 Special +P load with a deeply seated bullet that eliminates excess air space in the case. This results in the most consistent velocities and terminal performance. Shipments of the new loads are now arriving at dealers.
Like all HST Micro rounds, the new load provides reliable expansion, optimum penetration and superior terminal performance with a bullet weight and propellant optimized for the most efficiency and accuracy in subcompact handguns.
“By combining the HST bullet design with the unique seating depth, we’ve created the most consistent 38 Special personal defense load on the market,” says Federal Premium Handgun Product Lane Director Jason Nash. “We’re proud to give those who carry a 38 Special the most effective possible option for the platform.”
Features & Benefits
• New 38 Special +P load for micro-size concealed carry revolvers
• Deep bullet seating eliminates inconsistent powder burn rates
• Law enforcement proven HST bullet design
• Expanded diameter and weight retention produce the desired penetration for personal defense situations, without over-penetrating
• Clean-burning, low-flash propellants
Part No. / Description / MSRP
P38HST1S / 38 Special +P HST Micro, 130 grain / $30.95
Federal Premium is a brand of Vista Outdoor Inc., an outdoor sports and recreation company. For more information on Federal Premium, go to www.federalpremium.com.