ARLINGTON, VA – Data-driven learning is the latest in innovations to leverage data and analytics for making informed decisions. It’s the focus of events and programs July 31-Aug. 2 at iFest 2017, at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center in Virginia.
iFest will give military, government, industry, and academia professionals a place to share the latest in distributed learning, and for the first time in the DC area. This event is held by the Advanced Distributed Learning Initiative in collaboration with the National Training and Simulation Association, an affiliate of the National Defense Industrial Association.
With an emphasis on innovation, instruction, and implementation, this year’s event will focus on learning analytics with associated topics, such as technological inter-operability (such as xAPI), implementation, privacy, and security. Among highlights:
· Sae Schatz, director of Advanced Distributed Learning Initiative, is among speakers Monday and will lead a discussion with keynote speakers, Air Force Maj. Gen. Thomas Deale of Joint Force Development and Kim Peretti of Adobe Digital Learning Services.
· “Ignite! Talks” are panels of industry and government experts, offering their experiences and insights in five-minute discussions each.
· A workshop on xAPI, or experience application programming interface.
· An optional “PlugFest” for xAPI and the burgeoning Total Learning Architecture.
· Breakout presentations on the latest hot topics, including cybersecurity, science and technology, learning analytics, human and computer interactions, and “big data” for experience intelligence.
The Advanced Distributed Learning Initiative is a federal government plan created to help programs, initiatives, and policies better support flexible, lifelong learning through technology.