IWI is coming out with the TAVOR® 7 in .308. Get excited because, unlike other rifles who shall not be named, it’s not vaporware and it’ll be coming in at an MSRP similar to the original TAVOR’s. Look for it to start shipping in January 2018.
• Caliber: 7.62 NATO/.308 Win
• Barrel: CHF/CL 1:12 twist with a 16″ barrel; 1:10 with 18″ barrel
• OAL: 26.75″ with 16″ barrel (without flash suppressor)
• Weight: 8.6 Lbs.
• Optional calibers & Conversion Kits: TBD
• Colors: Black, FDE and OD Green
Features (muzzle to butt):
• Muzzle threads: 5/8 x 24
• 4 position variable gas regulator (including off)
• Upper forend: 2 MLOK slots at 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock
• Lower forend: Removable SAR styled forend cover that exposes one integral pic rail at 6 o’clock when removed.
• Charging handle lockable in open position, similar to an MP5.
• Full length one piece Picatinny (Mil-Spec) top rail with integral folding BUIS; Tritium front post.
• Cutlass style grip modifiable to pistol grip with traditional trigger guard; same as X95.
• Short stroke gas piston (unlike our long stroke SAR and X95).
• Uses LR/SR25 magazines and comes with one 20-round Magpul PMAG with window (in states without capacity restrictions; 10 round for restricted states).
• Bolt release is Tavor SAR style along centerline or release from MP5 style charging handle
• Fire control group is not interchangeable with SAR or X95.
• Ambidextrous bolt; no opposite hand bolt needed for conversion to opposite hand operation. No need to return the gun to IWI US for opposite hand conversion and head space checking.
• Ambidextrous (all the time) magazine release position like our X95, similar to an AR-15.
• Ambidextrous charging handle with push through receiver functionality. No need for tools or any disassembly.
• Ambidextrous (all the time) safety selector with a 45 degree rotation (unlike 90 degrees on our SAR and X95).
• Ambidextrous (all the time) bolt release behind magazine; similar to the Tavor SAR.
• Ejection port covers are user configurable in the field with a simple slide of the case deflector.
Launch Date: First shipments projected to start in January, 2018.