EAST ALTON, Ill., January 4, 2018– The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has completed an extensive evaluation process and Winchester has been chosen as its primary source for .40 S&W pistol ammunition. This includes a bonded jacketed hollow point (JHP) service cartridge as well as full metal jacket (FMJ) and frangible training loads. Winchester has been supplying the FBI with service and training ammunition for many years and is honored to be awarded the most recent contract and continue to support our nation’s premier law enforcement agency.
The 180 gr. bonded jacketed hollow point (JHP) cartridge selected by the FBI is designed with patented technology that utilizes a reverse-jacketed, bonded bullet that can penetrate a wide variety of intermediate barriers while maintaining very consistent target penetration and reliable expansion. The nickel-plated cartridge prevents corrosion and ensures smooth feeding and extraction. Flash suppressed powder is used in this cartridge to maintain an agent’s night vision and meet the FBI’s stringent darkened range evaluation.
“The FBI uses one of the most rigorous ammunition tests ever developed and we are very proud that Winchester has been identified as having the best product performance.” said Matt Campbell, vice president of marketing and sales for Winchester.
- Live Rebate: CZ P-07 & P-09 Offer User-Customizable in the Omega Trigger
- Alien Gear Holsters To Exhibit at the AUSA 2022 Annual Meeting & Exposition
- NEW Vortex® Wear for Fall/Winter 2022
- 100-Year Celebration Content Added to the Federal Ammunition Website: The Horn Era and Federal Fusion
- JACE BAUSEMAN HAS TIPS TO HELP YOU FLY WITH A FIREARM–A GREAT READ!