In 18 April, I published information on the CBP/DHS Glock contract that you can read here, The $85m, 10 year contract is to be completed by CBP by 2021 and will be in place through 2029. The award is centered around three Glock pistol models, all Gen 5 models. CBP called for customizations that are outlined below. As of this writing, Glock will not make the G47 available to the commercial space.
The contract includes three pistols:
- G19 Gen5 MOS with the following modifications
- The Glock 19 frame will have a half-moon cut.
- Flared magazine well
- G26 Gen5 with the following modifications
- a flared magwell and extended grip different from the current GLOCK 26 Gen 5.
- an 11 round magazine that is compatible with commercial GLOCK 26. The existing commercial Glock 26 magazine will fit but not lock into the CBP G26 variant.
- the CBP G26 will have a flared magazine but removes the curved edge at the base and front of the grip. Instead it will be flat
- The G47
- Will have the same barrel length as the G17.
- Compatible with 19X, 17, 34, 45 magazines.
- The Glock 17 slide will not fit on the G47.
- Magazines will have a larger floor plate (larger toe) to facilitate extraction·
- Parts Commonality
- Interchangeability of parts between GLOCK 47 and 19 is 100% with the GLOCK 26 is 92% (recoil spring and locking block are different due to size of the pistol.)