July 8, 2019
Rep. Scott among speakers at annual modeling and simulation exhibit on Hill
ARLINGTON, VA – Media are welcome to cover the 13th annual Congressional Modeling and Simulation Expo <
https://www.trainingsystems.org/events/2019/7/10/capitol-hill-expo>, Wednesday, July 10, 11:30 am to 2:30 pm, in the Rayburn House Office Building foyer, 45 Independence Ave. SW in Washington.
Comments from members of the Congressional Modeling and Simulation Caucus, including Rep. Bobby Scott (D-VA), will take place 11:30 am to 12:30 pm. Also attending the expo are representatives of leading local corporations and agencies that will display their latest applications.
Get a feel for the exciting uses of current simulation technology through hands-on demonstrations of real-world situations, such as:
* Experiencing combat in a real flight simulator
* Taking control of an entire city during a natural disaster
* Preparing for a terrorist attack with small arms and urban combat training
* Performing virtual surgery in an emergency using robotics
Sponsored by the National Training and Simulation Association and the Congressional Modeling and Simulation Caucus, this wide variety of modeling, simulation and virtual-reality technologies will demonstrate the latest in cross-cutting applications. Many of these technologies are designed to mitigate the effects of budgetary constraints on critical national security sectors by taking real-world scenarios into a virtual environment. Exhibitors include:
* Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology
* Office of the Secretary of Defense Research and Engineering
* Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation
* Army Modeling and Simulation Office
* Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine
* Innovative Decisions Inc.
* VT MAK
* Old Dominion University
* Huntington Ingalls -Newport News Shipbuilding
* NASA Langley Research Center
* Booz Allen Hamilton
* Education Management Solutions
* Conflict Kinetics
* Bohemia Interactive Simulations
* Naval Air Warfare Center Training Systems Division
The National Training and Simulation Association is an affiliate of the National Defense Industrial Association. NTSA represents and promotes the business interests of the training, simulation, related support systems and training services industries. NTSA also fosters relationships among the training industry, planners and acquisition agencies regarding requirements, procurement issues and policies.
For more information, visit www.trainingsystems.org
The National Defense Industrial Association is the trusted leader in defense and national security associations. As a 501(c)(3) corporate and individual membership association, NDIA engages thoughtful and innovative leaders to exchange ideas, information, and capabilities that lead to the development of the best policies, practices, products, and technologies to ensure the safety and security of our nation. NDIA’s membership embodies the full spectrum of corporate, government, academic, and individual stakeholders who form a vigorous, responsive, and collaborative community in support of defense and national security. For more information, visit www.ndia.org
Evamarie C. Socha
Director of public relations and communications
2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 700, Arlington, VA 22201
(703) 247-2579 | (703) 472-3806 (mobile)