Today, AirMap and the Swiss air navigation service provider skyguide, in partnership with the Swiss Federal Office of Civil Aviation (FOCA), announced that they have deployed the Swiss U-space flight information management system for drones, referred to as the FIMS.
The FIMS is an aviation data exchange hub that connects skyguide’s air traffic management system to UAS Service Providers (USPs) with open interfaces to support safe and compliant drone operations in low-altitude airspace. The FIMS deployment represents a critical milestone in the development of the Swiss U-space Implementation (SUSI) program, Switzerland’s drone traffic management network infrastructure.
Read more about this announcement and what it means for the development of a safe, open, and competitive drone marketplace.
- Steyr Arms USA Adds M-LOK Rail Systems to Its AUG Accessory Offerings
- Federal’s New 224 Valkyrie Loads Stretch Long-Range Horizons
- BLOWOUT: Zeiss Conquest V4 1-4×24 w/ ZQAR Reticle Is Now 60% Off!
- Celebrate Your Labor Day Weekend Wearing a Big Horn Armory Big Bore Kit Tee
- Savage Launches Two New Scoped-Rifle Package Guns Chambered in 450 Bushmaster