It’s been a couple of weeks since my last shoot the shit so I thought i’d do one today. I hope your week has been better than mine.
I’ve got to share this story with you, a real no shitter. So, here I am working through my emails and planning for the next couple of reviews when all of the sudden I hear this electric zap come from my laptop; seconds thereafter, I see smoke coming from the power jack. I responded by immediately pulling out the power cord when suddenly the power plug catches on fire. I’m sitting there wondering what caused it, spewing all forms of standard issue profanities, ones that would make Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib envious, when I discovered that the lithium battery shorted. This Chinese made wonder of technical prowess isn’t fused and drew so much current that it literally melted my a.c. adapter and charging cable.
Just think about it, the luminaries in Congress want you to take your family on outings in electric vehicles before the concept and its subcomponents have matured and been adequately tested. So, I was definitely stressed out but resisted setting an appointment with a therapist because a therapist is a jackass who majored in psychology so they could understand themselves.
Case in point Dr. Aruna Khilanan, a New York City practicing psychiatrist, who was invited to lecture at the Yale School of Medicine, said in a lecture to medical students that she had fantasies of shooting white people. Her exact words: “had fantasies of unloading a revolver into the head of any White person that got in my way, burying their body and wiping my bloody hands as I walked away relatively guiltless with a bounce in my step.” Talk about someone suffering from excessive anal sex. Imagine taking your child in to see her or even yourself for that matter. Sadly, she is just the tip of the iceberg and organizations like the American Psychological Association and American Psychiatric Association are as ineffective as paytoilets in diarrhea wards. So, if you’re feeling stressed try scheduling a shoot the shit.
So, what exactly is a shoot the shit? II’s a social interaction with friends, coworkers or family members during which any subject can be freely discussed; participants don’t need to know anything about the subject, they are free to make unsupported comments, use uncensored profanity, insult anyone they wish or simply change the subject. Try it, you’ll walk away feeling great and save $150+ an hour.
So, let’s get started.
For reasons that escape me, HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE SULFATE, is still in the news, so in this shoot the shit I hope to give you some information that will help you understand the issues.
For starters do not interpret what I say here as a go or no go recommendation of HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE SULFATE, this is a decision made between you and your doctor alone, but some basic information is always helpful.
Everything that I’m going to say below comes from the pharmacology document provided by the lab and published by the FDA, you can download it here: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/009768s037s045s047lbl.pdf
1. HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE, was introduced to combat malaria; it’s a 60 year old formulation that was effective in treating malaria. Malaria is a parasite that attacks red blood cells, it is a single cell eukaryot. The term eukaryot describes the cellular structure; simply stated, it refers to a single cell possessing a nucleus surrounded by a cell membrane. The malaria parasite falls under a group called plasmodium, it’s the name given to a family with over 100 memebers. It’s like saying you drive an SUV but there are 50 or more varieties. HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE was found to be generally effective against the plasmodium organism with some exceptions
2. HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE has a molecular formula of C18H26ClN3O.H2SO4, note the H2SO4, this is sulfuric acid. Sulfuric acid in any molarity is one of the 7 most caustic acids available, it is indiscriminate; meaning it does not recognize a bacteria from a virus, eukaryotic parasite or eukaryotic human cell. When you take HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE you are altering the acidity of your blood. The literature indicates that it takes 2 to 3 hours for the body to uptake HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE but the terminal half-life, meaning the period during which your body gets rid of at least 80% of it, is 40 to 60 days after you’ve stopped taking it.
3. Your heart, your kidneys, liver and lungs process a large amount of blood to perform a variety of functions and they too are made up of eukaryotic cells; they too uptake HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE. So, these vital organs are in 24×7 contact with a more acidic blood, which may lead to the side effects disclosed in the pharmacology for example:
- Cardiac Effects, including Cardiomyopathy and QT prolongation
- Blood and lymphatic system disorders:
- Proximal Myopathy and Neuropathy
- Neuropsychiatric events, including suicidality
- Ear and labyrinth disorders: Vertigo, tinnitus, nystagmus, nerve deafness, deafness.
Dosage and duration of use seem to play a role in the manifestation of side effects and their severity, but keep in mind that side effects don’t always express themselves in a just few days.
The problem with dosages is that it’s like Kentucky windage; what seems to work in one body type does not work in others and there is a lack of clinical knowledge of how HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE works, but there is sufficient evidence of its hazards that led the FDA to decline its emergency use approval.
The link to the pharmacology will get you a very technical document but something you’ll notice is the complete absence of any comment on the efficacy against viruses. So, take what you hear in the news with a ton of salt but any substantive discussions should be between you and your doctor only. In the meantime, get your vaccine which is the tried and true solution to viruses.
Last but not least
A UK Company has developed and is producing jet packs. The UK MOD is testing them. In this video Royal Marines are conducting an underway boarding. Fabulous!
Have a great weekend! Enjoy the outdoors and if you’re feeling stressed out schedule a shoot the shit. You’ll feel better.