Rogers, AR (October 19, 2022) – The ESCORT® BTS Bullpup offers all the perks of the VTS series shotguns in a more compact, portable package. This next-generation shotgun is available in either 12 ga or .410 cal and is offered in either black or FDE Cerakote. Using the same gas-piston system as the other VTS shotguns, the BTS Bullpup is slender, with smaller dimensions, thus it is more agile to and at the shoulder. Great for close-quarter action.
The tough polymer lower receiver also doubles as the forend grip, with soft rubber inlays for improved handling. The synthetic barrel cover features Hatsan’s patented ThermoDefend technology that absorbs and dissipates heat while containing the gas operating system. A DuraDefend magazine well, lined with alloy, enhances the durability against extended use.
Recoil control is distributed between a soft rubber buttpad and a long recoil spring. The reversible charging handle offers the ability for ambidextrous operation. The soft rubber pistol grip is removable and can be exchanged for one of many currently available aftermarket options to suit the individual user. The one-piece carry handle sight can be replaced with the included flip-up sights for a lower profile or when using mounted optics. Picatinny rails are also located on either side of the forend to accommodate a variety of accessories.
The 12-gauge models feature an 18” barrel with removable chokes, including an extended cylinder bore choke brake that helps tame recoil with heavy shots or slugs. Also included are full and improved cylinder flush-mount chokes, with additional options available from HatsanUSA. Each gun ships with two 5-round magazines, but an optional 2-round magazine is also available. The gun is chambered to accept 2¾” and 3” shells and will cycle them interchangeably with no external adjustments required by the shooter.
The .410 models feature a 20” barrel with a fixed cylinder choke, suitable for both shots and slugs. This shotgun is one smooth operator, offering the same recoil-absorbing characteristics as the larger caliber models. The BTS ships with two 5-round magazines but there is also an optional low-capacity mag that holds three shells. The gas operation performs similarly, both standard and magnum loads cycle smoothly and reliably with no external adjustments required.
As with all ESCORT shotguns, the barrels are proof tested at the factory to ensure quality and durability. The hard chrome and/or Cerakote coatings look great and are built to withstand the harshest conditions. HatsanUSA offers a 5-year limited warranty with all ESCORT firearms.
BTS Series Features
- · Modern sporting style gas-operated semi-automatic shotgun
- · 12 gauge and .410 caliber; 3” chamber
- · Two 5-round magazines (optional 2 or 3-round magazines available)
- · Oxidation resistant – chrome plated drilled steel barrel
- · All barrels are proof tested
- · Reversible charging handle for ambidextrous operation
- · Fixed tactical stock and integrated pistol grip
- · Ambidextrous magazine release
- · Elevation adjustable comb
- · Soft rubber buttpad for recoil absorption
- · Detachable alloy upper and advanced polymer lower receivers
- · Picatinny sight rails integrated into receiver and forend
- · ThermoDefend forend with ergonomic grip
- · DuraDefend magazine well, with alloy liner for maximum durability
- · Manual trigger safety switch
- · Detachable carrying handle with built-in adjustable front and rear sights
- · Optional flip-up front and rear sight set included
- · Sling loops
- · Tough matte black or FDE Cerakote finish
- · 18” barrel for shot or slugs
- · F, IC, and CYL (brake) chokes included
- · 28.8” overall length
- · 8.1 lbs.
- · 20” fixed cylinder bore barrel for shot or slugs
- · 30.7” overall length
- · 6.7 lbs.
HatsanUSA is the exclusive distributor of Hatsan airguns and ESCORT firearms in the U.S. Recognized for craftsmanship and precision performance, Hatsan products provide an exceptional shooting experience. The brands are purpose-driven and renowned for outstanding power, performance, reliability, and value. Hatsan takes pride in its vertically integrated manufacturing process, which enables it to maintain the highest levels of quality, workmanship and a competitive advantage.
For more information, please visit WWW.HATSANUSA.COM